Saturday, August 6, 2011

Potholes of Mumbai

Today i reached office at 10:00 PM. It took me 3.5 hours to reach from Vashi to Malad. The same journey at 5 in the morning is completed in just 50 minutes. Can you imagine a distance that should be covered in 50 minutes takes 3.5 hours - more than 4 times the time. All this because, the authorities who are supposed to mend our roads are engrossed in minting money. I was amazed to see this news item that BMC again gave the contract to the same firms to mend the roads of Mumbai who did such a fantastic job the last time. I mean there should be some accountability. There should be some punishment for not doing your job well. A country which is feeling proud to be growing at the second fastest rate, should have some consideration towards wasting the time of working class who are driving that growth. And we are talking about a metro here - the financial hub of the country. I just cannot imagine the plight of smaller cities.

No comments: